Log Abroad: David RizzoAbove Sea Level David Rizzo took The Log with him on a recent trip to Bogota and Cartagena where he was 10,341 feet above sea level. He wrote, Youd need a really long dock line to tie up at Cerro de Monserrate, which hovers above the Colombian capital of Bogota. Surprisingly, the countrys Caribbean and Pacific coastlines are each about the same length as Californias. Log Abroad: Lake GenevaA Steamboat Cruise Captain and crew of Savoie, a steamboat operated by CGN, pose with The Log during a cruise on Lake Geneva in Switzerland. The 223-foot Savoie was first put into service in 1914 and navigates on both the Swiss and French sides of Lake Geneva. About 60 percent of the lake is in Switzerland; the other 40 percent is in France. Several CGN steamboats travel across Lake Geneva during the summer. Log Abroad: Mike GehringGone Fishing Mike Gehring took a break from Sea Delight to go fishing at Steamboat Bay on Noyes Island, Alaska with his buddies. They each brought home 100 pounds of King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Halibut and Ling Cod. Mikes biggest fish of the trip was a 35-pound King Salmon. Log Abroad: Gregory AmendolaHang Loose Gregory Amendola took The Log to Turtle Bay Resort in Oahu, Hawaii for a family reunion. Gregory is an avid boater and fisherman who keeps up with the fishing action whenever he travels. Log Abroad: Craig and Karen RahnCruising Canada Craig and Karen Rahn of San Juan Capistrano took The Log with them on a summer Canada cruise, which included motoring on their 47-foot Bayliner pilothouse motoryacht on Ontarios Rideau Canal and through Montreal, Quebec on the St. Lawrence River. This picture was taken in front of the parliament building of Canadas capital Ottawa. The Rahns purchased the boat in Florida and this is the third summer cruising eastern North America. The boat will also cruise Lake Champlain and then winter in New York when they return home this fall. Log Abroad: TietsworthCelebrating America Abroad Steve Tietsworth submitted this photo of his daughter, Julia, holding the 1,000th issue of The Log while vacationing as a family at Kamari Beach, Santorini, Greece. The San Diego Yacht Club member and avid power boater was also joined by his daughter, Katie.Log Abroad: John SteketeeAn Island Country The Log reader John Steketee recently submitted this photo of his travel to Palau with friends, Diana and Jeff. During the trip, they visited a WWII battlefield with live ordinance still being cleared and shell casings could be seen scattered below, as well as bunkers carved in the hills. He also wrote, world-class diving with wrecks, Mantas, Turtles Nautilus, abundant reef life and shades of sea seen few other places in the world. Dog Aboard: PennyLucky Penny Penny joined Steven Schude on a 5,000 mile trip aboard Once Around, in Ft. Lauderdale last April. She was the only crew member that never got seasick during the trip through the canal and up to San Diego, according to Schude.