Regatta highlighted by Catalina 37 National Championship and Schock 35 Pacific Coast Championship.
LONG BEACH — Two of Long Beach’s most recognizable yacht clubs will welcome summer with Ullman Sails Long Beach Race Week, featuring four championship regattas held during the same weekend.
Alamitos Bay and Long Beach yacht clubs will host the Ullman Sails race week events at their respective venues, June 22-24. The regatta will feature the Catalina 37 National Championship, Pac52 and TP52 Circuit, Schock 35 Pacific Coast Championship and J/70 & J/120 Southern California High Point Series.
The regatta is open to the One-Design classes of Catalina 37, Farr 40, Flying Tiger, J/120, J70, Martin 242, Schock 35, Soling and Viper 640.
PHRF fleet boats with a handicap of 222 or less are also eligible for the regatta.
Entries received after June 4 will be subject to a late entry fee, according to the Notice of Race. All entries must be submitted by 6 p.m. on June 19.
The entry fee, which ranges from $235 to $304 through June 4 ($260 to $330, June 5-19), includes a slot in the regatta, Alamitos Bay YC Friday After Race Party (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and no-host bar), Long Beach YC Saturday After Race Party (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and no-host bar) and Sunday Trophy Presentation Party (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and no-host bar).
The racing committee anticipates having four separate racing areas. One-Design and PHRF classes will race in a windward-leeward configuration, while any Random Leg courses will be selected from the published Sailing Instructions.
Seven prizes or trophies will be awarded at the end of the regatta:
– Satarian Boat of the Week: class winner of closest, most competitive race
– PHRF Boat of the Week: PHRF winner of closest, most competitive race
– Schock 35 Pacific Coast Championship: Winner of Schock 35 class
– Kent Golison Trophy: Highest placing boat sailed by at least three members of an immediate family
– Travel Trophy: Farthest-traveled boat owner (based on hometown), and
– Yacht Club Challenge: Yacht club team with lowest combined score.
Visit www.lbrw.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.
Photo: Ullman Sails Newport Beach