The 2024-2025 California Yacht Brokers Association Board of Directors were installed mid-January with newly elected Board Members Dean West, James Murrell and Charles Ullman succeeding retiring Board Members Mik Maquire, Scott McNerney and Russ Carrington. Returning Directors Nick Friedman, Wayne Goldman, George Sikich, Leilani Wales, Mark P. White, and Peter Zaleski round out the new board.
Elected officers for 2024 are:
- President – Mark P. White
- Vice President – Dean West
- 2nd Vice President – Leilani Wales
- Treasurer – Past President Peter Zaleski
- Secretary – James Murrell and Assistant Secretary – Charles Ullman.
Appointed & Returning Committee Chairs:
- Advocacy & Legislation Chair – Dean West
- Annual Dinner Chair – Leilani Wales
- Arbitration Chair – Dennis Moran
- Boat Show Chair – Mark P. White
- CYBA Newsletter Editor – George Sikich
- Ethics Chair – Dean West
- Forms Chair – Nick Friedman
- GEO Chair – Lelani Wales
- Legal Seminar Chair – Peter Zaleski
- Membership Chair – Wayne Goldman
- Sponsorship Chair – Scott McNerney
Introduction of the new board, along with industry-bestowed commendations were made at the CYBA Annual Dinner, held this year at the Southwestern Yacht Club in San Diego, which proved to be a great success wherein members and guests alike enjoyed conversation, dinner, Association programming, and entertainment.
Awards presented during the dinner were bestowed upon: Mik Maguire and Scott McNerney for Appreciation of Service to the BOD; Past President award to Peter Zaleski; the highly esteemed 2022 Merle B. Parke Award to Mik Maguire; and the first annual GEO Women of the Waterfront Award went to the deserving Bernadine Trusso of Dona Jenkins Maritime Document Service.
In other business, the date for the 2024 Yacht Sales and the Law Seminar was announced that it will be held on October 9th, 2024.
California was the first state to require brokers and sales personnel to be licensed and bonded. Since 1975 the efforts of the California Yacht Brokers Association continues to go beyond that which is required by law and offers further protection and services to the consumer. More information can be found at www.cyba.info.