Southwestern Yacht Club will host international regatta, Oct. 5-7.
SAN DIEGO — Southwestern Yacht Club brings the 55th iteration of the Little Ensenada Race to San Diego in early October, providing sailors another south-of-the-border sailing run for 2018. The regatta features PHRF fleets, Cruising Class fleets, the Southwestern race fleet, ORR fleets and Ancient Mariners Sailing Society.
Racing sailboats of 24 feet LOA or larger are eligible for the race; the crew minimum is three people. The required entry fee is $90.
Racing starts on Oct. 5 and continues through Oct. 7. Competition takes place along the Pacific Ocean from Coronado Roads to Ensenada. Racers will cross the finish line about 2 nautical miles west of Hotel Coral Marina in Ensenada.
In all 13 perpetual trophies will be awarded:
– United Port of San Diego: Yacht Club with Most PHRF Trophy Winners
– Port of Ensenada: First Mexican Boat on Corrected Time
– Douglas K. Smith: First PHRF Boat, Elapsed Time
– Mayor of Ensenada: First PHRF Boat, Corrected Time
– Hussong’s Cantina: First PHRF Class 2 Boat, Corrected Time
– Baja Department of Tourism: First PHRF Class 3 Boat, Corrected Time
– Sano’s Steak House: First PHRF Class 4 Boat, Corrected Time
– Sano’s Steak House: First PHRF Class 5 Boat, Corrected Time
– Southwestern Racing Fleet: First Southwestern Racing Fleet Boat, Corrected Time
– Burt Jay Perpetual Consolation: Last Boat to Finish
– Bill Boison, Race Chair
– San Diego to Ensenada, First Overall – AMSS
– San Diego to Ensenada, Best Elapsed Time – AMSS.
The trophies will be awarded at a post-race party at San Nicolas Hotel; the party is sponsored by Club Nautico Baja and will be held at 3 p.m. on Oct. 6. A pre-awards party will be held at noon on Oct. 6.
Contact race chairs Ian Trotter and Peter Blake for more information; Trotter can be reached at 619-200-2440 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Blake can be reached 619-301-2794 or email@example.com.
Guest slips at Southwestern YC could be arranged with advanced notice; contact the club at 619-222-0438.