The U.S. Team has been confirmed for the 2023 Youth Sailing World Championships from Dec. 8-16 in Búzios, Brazil. The event is an annual international sailing competition for sailors under the age of 19. It is one of the most prestigious events in youth sailing and is organized by World Sailing, the global governing body for the sport.
The championships serve as a platform for young sailors worldwide to showcase their skills and compete at a high level. The championships aim to promote youth sailing and provide a pathway for athletes to progress in the sport. The U.S. will be part of 10 of 11 events (the team will not send a representative for the Formula Kite Female event).
The U.S. Team set to compete in Brazil includes:
- Formula Kite Male – Mani Pahuatini (Kailua, Hawaii)
- 29er Mixed – Tyler Lamm (Palm Beach, Fla.) and Andrew Lamm (Palm Beach, Fla.)
- 29er Female – Laura Hamilton (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Carolina Zager (Miami)
- i420 Mixed – Freddie Parkin (Riverside, Conn.) and Asher Beck (Cos Cob, Conn.)
- i420 Female – Callie Hammond (Larchmont, N.Y.) and Ava Stevens (Darien, Conn.)
- ILCA 6 Male – Nicholas Mueller (Whittier, Calif.)
- ILCA 6 Female – Audrey Foley (Miami)
ViQFOiL Youth Male – Makani Andrews (Kaneohe, Hawaii)
- iQFOiL Youth Female – Sage Andrews (Kaneohe, Hawaii)
- Nacra 15 Mixed – Cody Roe (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Brooke Mertz (Parkland, Fla.)
Additionally, U.S. Sailing has confirmed the selection procedures for the 2024 Youth Sailing World Championship to be held July 13-20 at Lake Garda, Italy. For the complete Notice of Race, please visit https://shorturl.at/klpQ0.