Regatta is open to PHRF Classes such as multihull, One Design, ORR, Cruising Fleet and others.
SAN DIEGO—All ocean racing sailboat of 24 feet (LOA) or larger are invited to compete in the San Diego-Ensenada International Yacht Race, which takes place on Oct. 4 in San Diego. The regatta is hosted by Southwestern Yacht Club and open to the following PHRF Classes: multihull, One Design, ORR, Cruising Fleet, Southwestern Racing Fleet and Ancient Mariners Sailing Society.
All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Sept. 30. The entry fee is $100 per boat. Organizers have requested all Cruising Class entries bring a copy of their rating certificate, if available.
The first warning will sound at 10:50 a.m. Oct. 4. Racing will start at Coronado Roads and continue south toward Ensenada, Mexico. All racing will start near Coronado Roads, near TG-1 federal mooring buoy. The finish will be 2 nautical miles west of Hotel Coral Marina in Ensenada.
Pre-race slips are available at Southwestern YC; contact the club office at 619-222-0438 for more information.
Race headquarters south of the border will be San Nicolas Resort Hotel in Ensenada; sailors can visit race headquarters on Oct. 4 or 5. A pre-awards party will be held at San Nicolas Hotel; the party starts at noon on Oct. 5. Awards will be handed out beginning at 3 p.m. A few take home trophies will be awarded, but several perpetual trophies will be presented, as well.
The following perpetual trophies will be awarded:
- Unified Port of San Diego (yacht club with most PHRF trophy winners)
- Port of Ensenada (First Mexican boat on corrected time)
- Douglas K. Smith (First PHRF boat to finish, elapsed time)
- Mayor of Ensenada (First PHRF boat on corrected item)
- Hussong’s Cantina (First PHRF Class 2 boat on corrected time)
- Baja Department of Tourism (First PHRF Class 3 boat on corrected time)
- Sano’s Steakhouse (First Class 4 boat on corrected time)
- Sano’s Steakhouse (First Class 5 boat on corrected time)
- Southwestern Racing Fleet (First SWRF boat on corrected time)
- Burt Jay Perpetual Consolation (Last Boat to Finish)
- San Diego to Ensenada (First overall – AMSS)
- San Diego to Ensenada (Best elapsed time – AMSS)
- Bill Boison (Race Chair).
A paella party will be held after the awards presentation, also on Oct. 5; the party will be at San Nicolas Hotel and is sponsored by Club Nautico Baja.
Contact race chairs Ian Trotter (619-200-2440 or email@example.com) or Peter Blake (619-301-2794 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.