SAN DIEGO—This Oct. 27, 1931 photo shows what is now Lane Field Park on the San Diego Bay waterfront. According to the Port of San Diego, Lane Field seen on the right of the photo, began as a U.S. Navy Athletic field in 1925. Two years later, football bleachers were added. The field also had a track used for motorcycle and auto races. From 1936 through 1957, the ballpark was home to the San Diego Padres of the Pacific Coast League. In 2015, it was dedicated as the city’s 22nd public park.
Port of San Diego photo