SPRINGFIELD, Virginia (LOG NEWS SERVICE)—After a four-year absence from the Boat Owners Association of the United States (BoatUS) annual list of the most popular boat names, Aquaholic tops the association’s 2019 Top Ten Boat Names list.
Each year, BoatUS tallies the most popular boat names, a tradition that dates back a quarter century, with a list derived from adding up requests for boat name designs from BoatUS Boat Graphics.
The 2019 BoatUS Top 10 Boat Names:
- Aquaholic – Its appeal is in its intoxicating wordplay about overdoing too much time on the water.
- Pearl – Sometimes a shortening of the name of the fictional ship in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film series.
- Forever Young – While boating isn’t exactly like the Fountain of Youth, many boaters say the feeling of boating, sailing or fishing keeps them feeling young.
- Second Chance – This boat owner has likely had an opportunity for a do-over – be it with boating or a life challenge.
- Squid Pro Quo – It’s clear this fishing vessel owner appreciates Latin, or at least perhaps understands that life is a game of give-and-take.
- More Cowbell – A 2000 Saturday Night Live comedy skit featuring Will Farrell and Christopher Walken pokes fun at taking things too far.
- Pegasus – A winged horse from Greek mythology that was capable of creating water springs just by striking his hoof into the earth.
- Feelin’ Nauti – Who says you can’t be amorous while boating?
- Why Knot? -These owners appreciate nautical wordplay and realize sometimes you just have to jump into things.
- High Maintenance – Indicate that this vessel requires much time, money or effort.
For a look at all of the BoatUS Top 10 Boat Names lists over the years go to BoatUS.com/Boatgraphics/Top-10-boat-names.